Join the Kentucky Chapter of HFMA
Achieve Your Potential!
HFMA is the nation’s leading personal membership organization for healthcare financial management professionals. HFMA brings perspective and clarity to the industry’s complex issues for the purpose of preparing our members to succeed. Through our programs, publications and partnerships we enhance the capabilities that strengthen not only individual careers, but also the organizations from which our members come.
All new members of the chapter play an important role in our development and success. If you would like to volunteer for a committee or to help out in some other way, please email Amy Karp (email@example.com) and she will contact you. We are always interested in new ideas and expanding the group of chapter volunteers.
Complete your Membership application or update your information with National HFMA.
Below are just a few examples of how being a member can benefit you:
- Education events offering education credits.
- Networking opportunities with key members of our local healthcare community.
- Opportunities to mentor and to position yourself as a leader in healthcare management.
- Enhance your marketability, relationships and knowledge.
- Online affiliate directory makes it easy to connect to other colleagues in your field.
- Provide resources for professional advancement.
- And many, many, more.
HFMA’s certification programs are now FREE for HFMA Members! Meeting the HFMA certification requirements helps prepare you for increasingly responsible positions in the healthcare industry and demonstrates your dedication to professional development and a higher standing. HFMA offers a wide-range of certification options:
- Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP) – Dive into the new financial realities of health care and come up with a better business skill set, new ideas on financial strategy, and insights into future trends.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) – Increase your knowledge, competencies, and productivity with best-practices recommendations to positively impact the revenue cycle and enhance patient experience.
- Certified Specialist Accounting & Finance (CSAF) – Strengthen your skills and mastery of financial reports and statements, risk-sharing arrangements, managed care contracts, and profitability ratios.
- Certified Specialist Business Intelligence (CSBI) – Learn methods for looking at data and using tools to ensure the right information is illuminated and used to enable powerful actions and decisions.
- Certified Specialist Managed Care (CSMC) – Gain specialist-level knowledge to navigate payment models and rates, benefit coordination, reimbursement calculations, and cost-control incentives.
- Certified Specialist Physician Practice Management (CSPPM) – Demonstrate your physician practice finance, cost accounting, revenue cycle, coding, reimbursement, and payer contracting acumen.
- Certified Inpatient Coding Auditor (CICA) – Validate your expertise of inpatient coding accuracy, specificity, quality initiatives and compliance.
- Fellow of HFMA (FHFMA) – Extend your expertise and leadership by sharing your personal financial knowledge and skills in voluntary professional development activities and services in the healthcare finance industry.