Vision, Mission and Values
To be an indispensable professional resource for healthcare financial managers by helping members and other finance related healthcare professionals excel thereby improving the business performance of organizations operating in or serving the healthcare industry.
The Mission of the Kentucky Chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Association is to serve its members’ needs in the following areas by:
- Positioning the Chapter on the leading edge of healthcare finance by providing high quality, timely, and relevant education.
- Making available professional networking, fellowship and career advancement support systems.
- Advocating fair and adequate financing of health care in Kentucky in conjunction with the Kentucky Hospital Association and other advocacy groups with similar goals.
- Providing a communications network to disseminate information about the Chapter’s activities and members on a timely basis.
- Implementing outreach initiatives to bring broad diversification to the membership.
The Kentucky Chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Association holds to the following values:
- Serving the members’ needs is of paramount importance.
- Honesty and integrity are essential values to be espoused by the leaders in managing the Chapter and by the members working in their profession.
- High-quality, current and relevant education is essential to growth and prosperity of the healthcare industry and its professionals.
- Fellowship, networking, and communications among members promotes an environment conducive to ProAction activities which may bring about cooperative solutions to problems, as opposed to reactive activities which may be construed as negative outside the healthcare industry.